“48 Hours” and correspondent Erin Moriarty investigate the horrors of stalking and how CBS’ “NCIS” star Pauley Perrette is fighting to change the laws to protect victims in a special two-hour broadcast, “Stalked.”
IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER CALL 911
IF YOU ARE BEING STALKED, YOU MIGHT:
- Feel fear of what the stalker will do.
- Feel vulnerable, unsafe, and not know who to trust. Feel anxious, irritable, impatient, or on edge.
- Feel depressed, hopeless, overwhelmed, tearful, or angry.
- Feel stressed, including having trouble concentrating, sleeping, or remembering things.
- Have eating problems, such as appetite loss, forgetting to eat, or overeating.
- Have flashbacks, disturbing thoughts, feelings, or memories.
- Feel confused, frustrated, or isolated because other people don’t understand why you are afraid.
These are all common reactions to being stalked